In this article, we will discuss the compatibility, issues, and result of upgrading the firmware of Ubiquiti Unifi Access Points to 6.2.44. This is really important to keep the firmware of access points up to date to keep it secure and also improve performance.
Firmware version 6.2.44 was released in Nov’2022. This new firmware version contains many improvements and bug fixes. As per the Ubiquiti Official site, below are the improvements and bug fixes in this firmware version.
– Make band steering less strict.
– [UAP] Improve overall stability.
– Fix IPv6 inform address resolution not working (affects L3 adoptions).
– Fix incorrect TX Retries being reported by UAPs. More fixes coming in future Network application releases.
Firmware version 6.2.44 is compatible with the Generation 2, Generation 3, Generation 4, and Generation 5 access points. To know the generation of your access point please refer to the link below.
Also, keep in the mind the below points.
– U6-Pro/Mesh needs to be upgraded to 5.67.0 first before upgrading to 5.68.0+.
– All URLs use HTTPS. This assumes your device(s) are running 3.7.56 or later and that the device’s date is properly set. Please change URLs to HTTP for device(s) running earlier firmware or if the date is incorrect (e.g. if device can’t reach an NTP server).
Firmware Upgrade Steps/Method
Custom firmware upgrade – CLI & GUI
If you are looking to perform a custom firmware upgrade on Unifi Access Point, then refer to the below article
In case you are more comfortable in GUI, then follow the steps mentioned in the below-linked article.
The Firmware version 6.2.44 is compatible with Gen2/Gen3/Gen4/Gen5 Unifi Access points and no issues were reported after upgrading the access points to the 6.2.44 version.
Other important topics
- Ubiquiti Unifi Controller Firmware Upgrade
- Site-to-Site IPSec VPN Configuration On Ubiquiti Unifi USG
- How To Block/Unblock Wireless Clients on Ubiquiti Unifi Controller
- Import & Install SSL Certificate On Ubiquiti Unifi Controller
- Radius Configuration on Ubiquiti Unifi Wireless Network
- Unifi Certificate Error and Generate CSR For SSL Certificate
Source: Knowledge Base, Lab, Ubiquiti